Background and Philosophy
I am a woman of faith, grounded in Christian principles. I work with adults and groups of many faith traditions and am respectful to all. As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Maryland and National Certified Counselor, I trained as a pastoral counselor at Loyola University Maryland, I also have a M.A. in Spiritual and Pastoral Care from Loyola and am comfortable talking about existential issues. I specialize in relationship issues, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, trauma, and PTSD.
I help people to uncover their special gifts and life purpose and to respond more fully to the present moment. I also assist leaders and workgroups in building healthier and more effective workplaces. Having worked in both the profit and the not-for-profit sectors, I bring a unique perspective to my work having earned my living as an educator, manager, marketing representative, senior staff administrator, crisis counselor, and management consultant.
I believe that individual excellence is built by developing people. I believe the more individuals understand their own behavior and the behavior of others, the more effective they will be. My goals are to work with people in a manner that encourages them to motivate themselves to change and to teach them skills so they can go inside and change what needs to be changed in order to have happier, peaceful, and more satisfying lives.
- Adults 18+
- Relationship Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- M.S., Pastoral Counseling (Clinical Mental Health Counseling), Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD.
- M.A., Spiritual and Pastoral Care, Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD.
- B.S., Business Education & Accounting, Marywood University, Scranton, PA .
- Crisis Incident Stress Management (CISM), International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc., UMBC, Catonsville, MD, June 2005, May 2008, February 2011.
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic-Programming) studies, with Richard P. McHugh, S.J., Ph.D., 1995-1997, 2000-2004, 2007-2008, 2015.
Additional continuing education in spirituality and trauma, loss and bereavement, Schema Therapy, alcohol and drugs, cultural diversity, facilitation, adolescent issues, gerontological issues, management, transformational leadership, motivational interviewing, anxiety, depression, hoarding, PTSD, P rolonged Exposure, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and crisis intervention.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)
- Spiritual Directors International
Licenses, Certifications, Insurance
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, LCPC, Maryland License #LC4315, Expiration Date: January 31, 2022.
- National Certified Counselor, #285735, Expiration Date: December 31, 2021.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP), Expiration Date: April 30, 2021.
- Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO), Policy #0310774047, Expiration Date: February 21, 2021.